Friday, December 30, 2011

Phonesavanh, Xieng Khoung, LAOS



December 1, 2011

So we left my Aunt's house early for Xieng Khoung, that is way up North. But we made a stop in Lav 52 to give more luggages full of clothing to my Mom's brother's wife. So her sister in law, my uncle passed away a few years ago! Ate a quick lunch and went on our way to Xieng Khoung.

A quick pose before heading out! These are some of the cousins that we saw in Lav 52!


My mom and I had to grab our fruits for the road!

Got there really late so we got Motel rooms and slept!

December 2, 2011

Woke up bright and early like literally at 5 and got ready to go to Hlob Nkias Yiv's house. My uncle, but my grandma's sister is married to him! LOL So technically, my Grandma went to go visit her sister and her brother in law, but in the Hmong culture, she is the Grandma generation and she married the son generation, if that all makes any sense! :) I know I know, confusing...

So we went to find a pig to sacrifice for my grandma because peb ua neeb for her! Success it was delish! I don't think I have a picture, but that pork meat was very very good!!! Did a little shopping and took the little cousins shopping. Bought them new dishes, pots and pans...Busy day, but tomorrow was another big day!

Cow day!!! My Dad and a few of the cousins killed a cow for everyone to come and eat!!!! It was a day filled with eating....seriously I gained like 20 pounds on this trip! Not even funny!

A picture of us with it before and then my Dad trying to get it in one hit! It took three! LOL

Spent the entire day cooking, cleaning and eating....
More to come....because this is my parents home home town in LAOS.
The next day we were going to their old village, a memorable day for my parents to reminisce!


xoxoxoxo,

Phumee




1 comment:

  1. love your pics! can you make them bigger so we can see clearer?

    ReplyDelete